Monday 15 February 2010

My Research Aims


Since I wrote last I've been building up this blog and trying to publicise my work across the net.


I would be very grateful if anyone reading this could pass on my details to friends and relatives who might be interested.


Some information about my research:

My research addresses migrant parenthood in the city, asking questions about community, household organisation and networks.

I am looking at how Polish migrants define and practice parenting responsibilities, with reference to employment, household management and childcare provision.

I am considering questions about identity, how Polish parents in Newcastle identify with the city, the region, with Britain and with Poland.

I’m also asking questions about facilities or access to facilities that Polish migrants might feel they need and want in order to make life in Newcastle easier.

I hope that my research will be used for practical purposes, to shape local policy and provision for Polish parents in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment