Thursday 11 February 2010

Introduction

Cześć Polish Families in Newcastle!
...and thank you for visiting my blog.

I'm a young mum and student at Newcastle University studying for a PhD in geography.

My thesis is about Polish migrant families in the city of Newcastle (UK!).
Yes, indeed, I'm interested in YOU!

I'm writing this blog for many reasons:


  • To tell you about my research and my research findings



  • In the hope that you will take part of my study



  • To provide links and information for parents (Polish or otherwise)



  • In the hope that I can facilitate some discussion about what Polish parents in Newcastle want and need



  • To share my ideas with you and invite you to comment



  • And most importantly, because I love to write, and I really want to know about you!

My ambition for this blog is to translate some of the information I post into Polish...


Co za optymista!? Tak, jestem angielską i uczę się języka polskiego! ale, I'm not very good at writing in Polish. I can read and understand Polish fairly well, and speaking- niestety, bardzo słabo mówię po polsku.

So, if you would like to make a comment on my blog please feel free to write in Polish or in English.

Wlaśnie, you may have heard my name before as I currently write the English Summary for 2B Magazine (the magazine for Poles in the North East), and formerly wrote a column called 'Angielska Kobieta w Polsce' in the same publication.

Find out more about 2B magazine here: http://www.2b.nepco.org.uk

Here's a few things about me:

I have a baby boy, he's seven months old and he means EVERYTHING to me. Kocham jego jedynego!...and I live with my partner (husband) in Newcastle. He shares my interest in Poland.

Powiedz, what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment