Tuesday 5 October 2010

A Polish Cookbook (in English)


My son recently had an ‘international day’ at his nursery and I was asked if I knew any good Polish recipes for toddlers. I turned to my trusty Polish cook book, ‘The Polish Kitchen’ by Mary Pinińska. I suggested Naleśniki (Polish Pancakes). I passed my book on to the nursery cook and she found the recipe for Marynowany i Pieczony Dzik (Marinated and Roast Wild Boar) very amusing, it’s just a shame wild boar is not generally sold in supermarkets around Newcastle.

The Polish Kitchen is a great little book. It includes anecdotes about Polish customs and folk traditions, and draws on the author’s own family recipes (RRP £12.99, published by Grub Street, 2000).

To książka jest w języku angielskim, ale o polskiej kuchni. Publikacja zawiera informacje o zwyczajach i tradycjach polskich.

No comments:

Post a Comment